Everything is beginning to grow in the gardens and we are hoping for a great growing season. There are just a couple of things that need to be passed on from the board from this weeks board meeting.
1) Any outstanding fees must be paid this week unless you have made arrangements with Marilee or Sharon.
2) The site committee from each garden will do a walk through on the 15th of each month and gardeners will be contacted individually regarding weeds or other issues.
3) After much consideration the board has decided to shut down all garden wide composting operations. We simply don’t have enough gardeners interested in putting in the time required to produce high quality compost. Starting this week all gardeners must remove their garden debris from the garden. The Wolfshon gardeners may use the dumpsters near the Community Center. Cardiff gardeners will need to dispose of their plant material waste at home. We will be pursuing disposal options at Cardiff next week. The garden board meets the 1st Monday of the month if any gardener would like to discuss this issue any further.
4) We will only be using this forum to communicate issues that pertain to both gardens. Please watch for updates for your garden on the message board at your garden.
5) Finally, if any of our gardeners are interested in having a seat on the board please feel free to join us on Monday July 7th at 6:00 at the Community Center. It would be an opportunity for you to see what we do.
Thanks everyone and have great day.
The weather is starting to heat up and everyone wants to get their plants in the ground but remember that Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant, and Basil all prefer warmer nights. Last year we had a killing frost in the first week of June so be prepared to cover your delicate plants if necessary. The gardens are beginning to shape up beautifully but after the rain and a few sunny days the weeds have really popped. Please remember that you are responsible for half of the path surrounding your garden. The Wolfshon Garden has 1 plot still available and the Cardiff Garden has 3+. Please send anyone you know that might be interested to the website for more information.
CANCELLED- The CSU Master Gardeners will not present their class on heirloom tomatoes tomorrow MAY 24TH.
Save The Date-
The Wolfshon Garden will host a “Get to Know Your Neighbors Night” at the garden on June 4th at 6:00 p.m.. Watch for more information.
Thanks Everyone and have a great weekend.
The city turned the water on yesterday. Steve checked out the system and we are good to go. Please remember to pay attention for any water leaks and report them immediately. If you do discover a water leak or notice wet soggy ground surrounding one of the spigots, shut the system down at the water box and call the numbers on the emergency list posted in the shed.
We are still trying to collect a few outstanding fees. Please send your check to the P.O. Box before starting work in your beds. We have a few beds still available so please let us know if you have any interested friends.
We will be posting jobs for volunteer hour in the next few weeks in the shed. Watch for them.
Thanks Everyone and Happy Gardening
Please mail in fees and reread the garden rules for this 2014 season ASAP. Please let Marilee Rippy or Sharon Walters know if you have decided not to renew this year. Thank you.
There are still plots available for this 2014 growing season in our community gardens. Please click on Join The Gardens and follow the application process to get started.